Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bare my sole(s)


I've begun picking a random day out of the week when I don't wear shoes. Yes mom, I do look out for pieces of broken glass. But I also got to spend a glorious ten seconds shuffling through the fallen leaves between Voorhees and Gage.

[sidenote--Ok, alums of Dr. Bob's walking class, help me out here. It's a compound leaf, the only tree that has changed color (currently goldenrod), and the leaves are tiny and soft. Not crunchy in that satisfying autumn way, just....swishy.]

Anyway, going around barefoot is great. My feet don't smell like shoe, and if they get wet, they dry fast. It's like a foot massage everywhere I go.

Maybe it's a coincedence, but this day was way better than yesterday. No joke. Yesterday, in typical ineptitude, I forgot to get recommendations for my Fulbright. Today, in a spurt of industriousness, I'm writing a blog entry for the Writing Center.

Oh, bare feet. You ground me so.

- Johanna

1 comment:

Snukes said...

One of my favorite quotes:
"Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God; but only he who sees it takes off his shoes." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I used to walk around campus barefoot a lot. I got a little grief from some of my profs, and got tossed out of the caf once, but generally I have to agree with you - it improves the quality of a day.