I thought I'd write up a list of How Not to Burn Down the Writing Center, possibly based upon personal experience.
- Do not microwave your socks for three minutes in an attempt to dry them out after a walk in the rain.
- Clean out the oven before you use it - turns out that food residue left from the previous use starts to smoke when you're innocently trying to make a loaf of bread. Who knew?
- Set the oven to Convection - not to Bake. It prevents the tops of your brownies or muffins from becoming something like charcoal biscuits while the middles remain stubbornly gooey.
- Don't leave a pot of coffee on a burner and forget about it so it boils dry and the pot cracks/explodes.
- Um. Don't be a moron, basically.