Monday, June 9, 2014

What up in the WC?

     Just want to give a feel for what the WC is like right now for all of you out of town and missing the space. Sam Orvis and I (Peter Madsen) are at opposite ends to the room, both at computers with our backs to one another. He's studying for the MCAT; I'm working on the summer newsletter.
     Dr. Bob is recently back from his May Term class. They drove all over to watch baseball games. He is packing stuff into boxes, but is not here at the moment. My guess is he's at the Alumni House Garden.
     John, the Gage Union custodian, is waxing the kitchen floor sometime soon, so the table is out of the kitchen, as are all the chairs. But, that didn't stop me from making french toast this morning. A group of tour guides being trained by Ryan Rey walked in and commented on the good smells.
     It's quiet around here, but there is at least one advantage: I get dibs on the space. I'm at my favorite computer (the touch-screen HP by Dr. Bob's office) sitting in my favorite chair (a rolly chair that leans way back) and I am using the white board on wheels to help me organize my thoughts for the newsletter.
     -Peter

No comments: