Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ah, will you look at that; fall break has come and gone. How quickly time passes when you're hard at work at Coe. However, fall break was convenient in some respects: I figured out what you, the reader of this fine blog, are entitled to next. Namely, the results of some thinking inflicted on me late one evening.

As it turned out, on that rather dreary Minnesota night, a friend of mine asked me over the internet to take a quick glance at a paper he was working on. This wasn't a particularly unusual request; I've done quite a few things like this for my friends in the past, but on this particular instance, I had some new abilities available to me. Or at least a new perspective. In helping Thomas fix his paper, I this time took a more backseat role and focused on helping him make the paper better rather than on editing. As the paper was going to be subjected to a class workshop the next day, I focused on the type of criticism and commentary that we so often fall back on in the Writing Center here at Coe. It made me think, "I really do belong in the Coe Writing Center."

- Ben Buckmaster '13.

1 comment:

Leta said...

It's a nice realization, no?

Glad to see the blog still functional and thriving :)

Good work, gang.