Thursday, March 7, 2013

Weekly Wisdom

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." -Margaret Atwood

Now that spring break is in full swing for Coe College I am excited to post about the changing of seasons. My favorite season is spring and for the very reason of smelling like dirt as Margaret Atwood has described above. Maybe this sounds gross, but just a few weeks ago I was walking around campus and remember getting excited because it smelled like dirt. It was refreshing, and gave me hope that spring would soon come. It was a glimpse of everything that is to come.

Spring is my favorite season because it is a time of getting rid of the old and bringing in the new. The semester winds down in the spring and our summer break begins during spring. Most of these things happen near the end, but the thought of all of these things comes at the beginning. When it is winter the times seem to drag on and on and is very dreary (especially in February). As soon as spring rolls around my attitude and mood changes; I can feel the end drawing closer and I become motivated to finish strong.

I encourage all of you to do the same--smell the dirt and finish strong because the end is in sight.

-Margaret Gruhler

No comments: