Friday, March 7, 2014

Photo Friday: Art Gallery Edition!

I've unintentionally remained a mystery throughout the last couple months of my Photo Friday feature. I just never introduced myself and I never signed my blog posts. So, some of you may be wondering: who is this mysteriously photographer filled with random comments every Friday?


Well, this Friday I have the privilege to introduce myself with a unique post! Though not a part of the Writing Center, our space is adjoined with a Student Art Gallery (See above? That's the gallery right by our front desk!). And presently, my art work is taking over the gallery!



I'm Haley Welby, a senior Art and Public Relations major at Coe as well as a Writing Center Consultant. A part of the Art major requirement is to put up a senior art show, and in preparation for my Senior Art Show opening on April 18th in one of the Sinclair Galleries (reception 5-7 pm - yes, I'm plugging my own show, so come!), I took over the Student Gallery.



As I work with both the Writing Center and the Art department, it's been fun to occupy these two spaces and get feedback from my peers. And, as my ideas came to life, it's been even more fun to watch my colleagues approach my show with curiosity as they explore the space.



Currently, the title is still "works in progress", though eventually I'll figure out my actual title, but in the meantime this seems appropriate as that's what it is (and what we are: works in progress). I could ramble on about the photographs and the concepts behind this project, but as it's "Photo Friday", I'll just overwhelm you with photos instead! (And force you to come to my Senior Art Show to find out more about it!) 







Thanks for reading this wordier Photo Friday feature and allowing me to share a bit of my work! Though not the Writing Center itself, this gallery influences our space, and I think it's really cool to be a part of both worlds.



My show will be in the Student Gallery through next (Photo) Friday, March 15th, so to really experience this art installation you should make your way over there and come hang out in the Writing Center while you're at it! Have an awesome weekend!

No comments: