Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Heidi's Blog Update #3

Dishes...dirty coffee canister...dusty tabletops...chewed gum...three spiders (that were spotted at least)...vacuum...very ripe carton of milk...

Any guesses as to what I was doing this morning?...

...If you guessed: Cleaning the Writing Center...then you're right!

The other day when I was looking through the Alumni Newsletters for ideas for this year's newsletter, I noticed some of the summer consultants took it upon themselves to tidy up the place which, as I'm sure Courtney Marti would agree, is always in need of some good ol' TLC...and a clorox wipe. :)

So this morning I woke up, grabbed my iPod and packed a lunch to-go, and headed to the WC prepared to tackle some dirt and dust.  First I emptied out a coffee canister that apparently still had old coffee in it...ew people!...then took care of the dishes, scrubbed all the tabletops, desks, and counters with clorox wipes, sponges, and soap and then took to vacuuming the entire place, moving furniture (no, not the large pieces of furniture which are never to be moved ;) but the small random chairs) and organizing it into specific areas, and then I happened across a carton of milk dated to expire May 13th.  Funny how fast milk spoils, because that thing was soon going to look more like cottage cheese than a liquid, haha...yep...ew!

So needless to say, I believe the WC is slightly cleaner than when I began. :)

  - Heidi Heaton

No comments: