Friday, June 15, 2012

Heidi's Blog Update #6

Why hellooooo dear readers!

It's been a long while it seems since I last sent out a post so I thought I'd drop by the WC today and see what material it could provide for another weekly update.  I've been incredibly busy with Upward Bound, this being the first week (though I don't anticipate getting more sleep as the program continues), but I have an hour off from 9:40am-10:50am so I decided to give the plants a check-up, distribute the necessary vitals, and hop on to the blog.

Plants so far so good...I haven't killed them yet...yay!!  I think that means they've all lasted longer than the flower I had freshman year, though this could be due to the fact that one is a cactus, palm tree, and some other strange, "leave me alone, Heidi, and I'll be fine" plant.  They're currently residing outside the WC beneath a much larger, and more successful plant...a tree...and sitting in the shade and mulch.

As for inside the WC, there are now several dirty cups in the sink...which yes...means the WC cannot stay as immaculately clean as when I took Clorox to it...but also that there are actually inhabitants here...yay again!!!

I booted up our trusty, front desk computer after watering the plants and gave my sis a buzz.  I had just gotten off the phone when Dr. Bob popped out of his office.  We both had no idea the other was there, haha, so much for sound traveling easily in the WC.  We then discussed timesheets, which I will be taking care of again this month for June.

I also sent out an email to Mr. Kobe Spencer and Mr. Manderson about our website and alumni newsletter projects.  Can't wait to give those a go.  Should be very fun and entertaining I am sure.  And can't wait to hear the news our alumni have to share!

I'll have to check in and read some updates Anna's been posting too to make sure I'm not sounding redundant, though this post is pretty person specific, but here's to keeping you entertained via our blog this summer!

Much love from the quiet, used furniture store...aka, the WC. ;)

  - Heidi Heaton

No comments: