Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Heidi's Blog Update #9

Today Kobe and I met in the Writing Center to discuss the Alumni Newsletter.  We have been putting together a list of names of alumni to contact for updates on their bios and to get the 4-1-1 who we haven't heard from very recently.  Kobe and I noticed that our current directory drops off around 2009 so that will need to be brought back up to date.  Kobe's hoping to contact many of our recent alums via Facebook.

We have also officially come up with a list of questions for our beloved, past WC consultants.  The questions cover where you are now, any marriages we aren't aware of, followed by kiddies if they're there, jobs, travels, and a favorite Dr. Bob story of course to add some pizazz.  If I were an alum, mine would say...

1. I currently am inhabiting the campus of Coe College for three jobs, but Batavia, IL is my hometown.
2. I am not married.
3. I don't have kids, but I love them! haha
4. Jobs were mentioned earlier, but I am working for Upward Bound, the beloved WC, the Heritage Office and very soon the bookstore again as well as work as a CAP leader.
5. I am suuuper excited for my spring semester abroad in Paris, France!  Yay! :)
6. And my favorite Dr. Bob story is when we went on our trip to Baltimore and D.C. my freshman year at Coe and en route to our night train from Chicago to D.C. at the train station in Aurora, IL we lost Dr. Bob while he was paying for the parking.  Good ol' Dr. Bob drove all the way to Chicago to make sure we made our train and then drove overnight to D.C. to meet us for dinner the next day.  It was crazy all around, but somehow we managed to get on the appropriate night train with thirty-some consultants and had a grand ol' tour of D.C. before thanking Dr. Bob tremendously for our fabulous, Indian food dinner that night after we had reunited.

Never any dull moments in the W.C., so we can't wait to hear about what you have to share alums!

   - Heidi Heaton

No comments: