Sunday, July 1, 2012

The CWC Abroad

Hello from Norway!

It looks like Heidi's taking good care of the blog, but I wanted to sign in and say hi from sunny Bergen, Norway - the land of the midnight sun. I'm here exclusively for family (today marked the end of a fabulous family reunion weekend) but I still think about the good old Writing Center. The multitude of cousins, uncles, and aunts who I'm meeting for the first time keep asking "what do you study at university in the states?" I answer honestly, saying english literature, and the immediate response has been "oh, so you write a lot?" I haven't really explained the writing center yet, since there's a bit of a language gap, but I am reminded of it every time I'm asked about writing.

While everyone at Coe seems to be boiling hot, I'm wearing a fleece vest, sweatshirt, and coat most days. Bergen has been unseasonably sunny this summer, according to the locals. Most years it rains a lot, in short but strong bursts. None of the showers seem to last more than a few minutes, but everyone's said to keep an umbrella with us at all times. However it's only rained once so far! The weather's stayed around 60 degrees and pleasantly sunny the whole time - sorry, Coe people.

While we're talking about the Writing Center abroad, check out our Coe Links and Study Abroad sections in the sidebar on the right: we've listed a few of our former consultants' study abroad blogs (which are still fun to read) and have a couple current consultants' blogs in there too! It's fun to see what everyone's up to. It's a shameless plug, but our staffers are a pretty cool bunch. Check it out.

Short update, but oh well. Since I'm not at my own computer I can't add any pictures to this post, however when I get back, I'll add a shot of myself here in Norway (it's absolutely beautiful). Enjoy!



  - Anna H.

No comments: