Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Weekly Wisdom


“Do you think that you have difficulties with mathematics? I assure you that mine are far greater.” - Albert Einstein

I like this quote not because I find it very amusing and true, but because I think we can apply it to so much more. We all have difficulties with something in life. For me one of those issues does in fact lie with my mathematic skills, but also currently include my piano skills.
           When I first heard this quote it gave me reassurance that my struggles with piano are not the worst. In comparison to someone trying to learn a piece by Rachmaninov, I am simply struggling with chords. This gave me the motivation to work harder because I know that I can overcome my difficulties if I simply give it some time. This is why I wanted to share this quote with all of you.
             With finals coming up, you may be worried about a particular test. You may think that you are just not ready for it, but I can assure you that you are. Once the dreaded day arrives you can do nothing more. You know as much as will know, you studied as much as you could; now you have to give that test everything you’ve got. And just remember, someone out there is struggling with something far more difficult so don’t worry about it so much. You can do what you do and nothing more. Relax. 

-Margaret Gruhler

No comments: