Friday, February 1, 2013

Weekly Wisdom



“If opportunity doesn't knock...build a door.” - Milton Berle

You cannot just sit around and expect great things to happen to you. You have to get out of your chair and do something. I am in college because I built a door of opportunity. Yes I was expected to go to college, but if I never filled out the applications I would never be here at Coe. If there is something in your life that you want more than anything, then do something about it. Every opportunity has a door, but many of the doors need your work and effort to open: you have to fill out the applications, do the homework, meet new people, help someone in need, etc. There are so many opportunities out there that you pass up every day. I say that you need to do something about that. Don’t let another opportunity slip you by, because what do you expect to become if you do nothing?

No comments: