Saturday, July 7, 2012

Heidi's Blog Update #10

Wow, I'm incredibly jealous of that 60 degree weather in Norway Miss Anna!  Everyone here at Coe is currently sweltering in 100 degree weather, high 80's or 90's at our low, haha.  Lucky for me I have been mostly indoors on dorm duty for Upward Bound or taking the kids to movies, Planet X and other activities that provide air-conditioning. ;)

This blog update's coming at you from the WC directly as I work on converting the first-year summer writing exercises to like formats.  I just finished the first chunk of submissions from our June time frame and all our first-years have kept my job relatively pain-free by mostly choosing 12 point font, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins, and single-spacing.  I would like to include a quick reminder to any of you new Kohawks out there that you should include three responses, one for each prompt, in your submission.  All should be completed and sent together...please and thank you! :)

I am not inhabiting the WC alone though.  Today Tim Salis, a soon-to-be consultant of two years this coming fall, has joined me in the WC.  He's been spending his time reading the first-year book selection, A Primate's Memoir for his Writing Fellow class-to-be.  Not a bad book at all we both agreed.  The author is incredibly entertaining.  My personal favorite section was when he described his privacy being invaded by elephants in the middle of the night when trying to use the restroom...much to look forward to if you haven't quite hit that spot yet! :)

Ah well, time for some lunch...Tim and I decided to walk to Wendy's or something to procrastinate our work a bit and fill our stomaches!

More to come later. :)

  - Heidi Heaton

No comments: