Monday, July 30, 2012

Heidi's Blog Update #14

Today was a day packed full of Writing Center business.  I began my WC day in the Registrar at 8am this morning to look through profiles necessary for picking students eligible for an extra Writing course.

It seems like my Writing Center job has had many "offices" lately...either my papasan in my room, laptop in place, the Olympics playing :) or the Heritage Office with Kelly Allen, the random day spent in the Public Relations office behind the front desk, and now the back room of the Registrar's Office looking through loads of files. :)  It actually keeps things interesting, moving around that much.  Oh!...and of course, can't forget the dear old WC itself. :)

As much history as I've mentioned this job uncovers little by little for me of our campus and its past life (alongside my Heritage Office work), it also opens up my eyes to all of the nooks and crannies on campus, the side conversations between staff, their lives and what they value.

After I worked until 4:30pm in the Registrar Office (when it closes), I headed over to the WC to work on our website for a bit.  Over the weekend I worked on updating our WC consultants page so that we now have our incoming staff accounted for as well as updated information on our current staff.  I'm also incorporating the photos used in this summer's newsletter to the page so not only do we all have our name, year, major(s), and hometown listed, but there's a face to accompany those facts. :)  

Tomorrow what my day holds in store is another trip to the Registrar which should allow me to finish-up most of the files I have left, and then I'll head back to the WC to touch up the website again and put in some more photos of our staff.  That should keep me occupied for most of the day, then I'll check back in for alls y'all ;) and then I have to move eeeevvvverything from Murray to my new room in Schlarbaum (all day Wednesday that is). :)  Just moved furniture there today...with some help from Manderson (much thanks to him), and now it should be all set for me to throw my stuff into it...very excited!!

Well that should cover business for tonight...plants were watered today too by the way, so hopefully they won't die on my watch. ;)

'Til Tomorrow,

- Heidi Heaton

No comments: