Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Very Special Thursday

Not only is today May 1st, aka May Day, aka the best day in the spring, but this is probably also my last blog post of both the semester and as my time as a Writing Center consultant.

While my blogging skills (and regularity) have not been stellar the past couple of weeks, the blog has always been on my mind. I remember coming in as a first-year and being gung-ho about starting it up and keeping it going. I took a break from the blog my sophomore and junior year and renewed my interest my senior year. I still think the blogging concurrent session at the Tampa conference was a huge turning point in how I think about the blog and blogging in general. I hope you as readers have enjoyed our weekly posts t his semester and I hope that they continue this fall.

Before I sign off as a WC blogger, I wanted to direct you to a couple of links. These are two current juniors, soon-to-be seniors who studied abroad this past semester. Dr. Bob recommended to link this particular post of Julia's, who spent the semester in both Florence AND London. And then on Tuesday, we had a small WC homecoming for two of our consultants who had been on Asia Term. I'm including this link to Peter's blog, who did such a nice job of letting us know about this travels.

So it's time for me to buckle down with finals. It's been a fun ride blogging and more generally, being a part of this writing center community. It helped to make my Coe experience one of a kind and this space (with all the great furniture) will be hard to replace.

No comments: