Saturday, May 31, 2014

Alumni House Garden

     As of now, the aspect of my summer job I'm taking most seriously is the Alumni House Garden. It helps that there are so many wonderful things to look at. Here's a sample. I don't have all the names down, so bear with my ignorance, please. 




     The above photos represent some of the first blossoms in the garden; bleeding hearts and peonies among them. They started to appear about two weeks ago. The batch of photos below is from Wednesday, the 28th. The Siberian Irises are in bloom and the peonies have opened up. In addition to white roses, there are a number of pink roses. The purple flowers are a member of the mint family, and I'm not quite sure what the last photo is, but it's easy on the eyes. 





     After pulling thistle from one of the beds, I realized I'd left quite the trail and couldn't pass up the chance to take a photo. A gardener's self portrait, maybe. 
     -Peter


No comments: