Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thursday's Ramblings

I'm still not used to the Writing Center being quiet. Granted, it's summer and there's basically no one here to use it. But I'm accustomed to there always being at least 4 people inside it at any given moment (save those rare occasions where my sleep schedule was messed up and I went into the Writing Center at 6 or so in the morning to roast some coffee since I was awake anyway). Still, gives me an alternative to Hickok for places other than my apartment to sit around reading books (currently working through Perdido Street Station and The Savage Detectives). Eventually I might have to look through the Writing Center's collection of books to see if there's anything in there I feel like reading.

I'd try using it for writing, but I have this horrible habit of not starting to write until 11 or so at night when I really should be going to bed and getting some sleep. It makes it a little hard to do it anywhere other than my apartment, since I could end up falling asleep at any moment. Or feel like I'm going to fall asleep, try to go to bed, realize I'm actually not tired, and go back to writing.

Also, my second batch of banana bread turned out well. Unlike the quality of the picture, I'm afraid.


No comments: