Saturday, August 4, 2012

Heidi's Blog Update #17

Wow.  I've just been looking through wordpress.com at some more advanced blogging services and techniques and boy oh boy do I feel inadequate now with my WC blog, haha.  Hailley and Whitney were showing me their blogging sites via wordpress the other day in our apartment.  I've been hoping to start a personal blog before the school year starts so I can get into the habit of blogging before my spring semester in France.  Keeping up a blog while abroad will be a great way to remember the days, look back on experiences, catalog memories and photos, and allow friends and family to stay updated on my goings-on while away.

After a couple hours of navigating through blog themes, header photos, and sidebar descriptions, I was already exhausted by how much work goes into creating and maintaining a professional blog.  I have a ton of admiration for my tech-savvy peers who maintain successful blogs on a regular basis.  So two hours later, after some fun and slightly more frustration, I decided to return to the comfort of gmail and the Coe Writing Center blog. :)

Today I've been responding to emails from many first-year students inquiring about the summer writing exercise which always become more abundant during our deadline dates for submission.  This is our last timeframe in which they can be sent so by Monday the 6th, my summer writing exercise duties will be coming to an end.  I'll still have the Writing Center website, alumni newsletter, and Heritage Office to keep me busy though.

I haven't looked at the website since yesterday when I was updating it, but I'm planning to get back to work on some updates within the week while I await a response from Kelly Russell on a way to contact  graduates of '09 and '10 for our newsletter.

Other than that, just enjoying time home with my family with my sister returning home tonight.  And then eager to leave for Annapolis to visit my brother this coming Thursday!

Hope everyone's doing well and relaxing to their heart's content because the school year will be here before we know it.

More soon,

- Heidi Heaton

No comments: