Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Heidi's Blog Update #21

So I'm officially back at Coe since my trip home and to Annapolis, Maryland.  It was an amazing time spent with the family and I couldn't have been more thrilled to see my brother after his six weeks of Plebe Summer at the Naval Academy!  Compared to what he's been up to for most of his summer, I feel like a baby now ever having complained about being tired.

Now that I'm back at Coe, work starts up again with the WC and Heritage Office...and very soon CAP training as well.  I'll be working for the Heritage Office today at 2pm and through this evening because we are hosting a reception for alums.  I'm not exactly sure what part I will be playing yet in this reception, but I've been told I will be fed, so I'm happy to help with anything if it means a free dinner. ;)  Different priorities now that I'm living in an apartment. :)

Then CAP training starts on the 20th and finishes the 21st before first-years move-in on the 22nd.  Josie and I are super excited to be co-leading a CAP and FYS group and I'm sure Orientation Week will be packed full of fun activities and a good dose of competitive edge. :)

This year the CAP responsibilities do not last quite as long (aka, the entire Fall semester) because for years first-year students have been confused as to why they are still being bothered with texts and emails about group, board game nights and such when they would be perfectly content finding their own venue at which to socialize.  Personally, I felt my caplets were getting sick of me by November, or maybe sooner, because I was their CAP leader and Writing Fellow for a handful of them...so needless to say, they saw me a lot.  I think this year should provide a good balance between, "We care about you and want to make sure you're meeting new people and getting acclimated," and "Respond to my texts and emails gosh darn it!  We've been doing this for four months!" :)

Anyways, still keeping super busy and getting ready for the Fall semester at Coe.  I'm sure an update will be coming soon after the reception tonight with more news about how it went and what I was actually doing. :)

Thanks again for reading and keeping the WC near and dear to your heart!

 - Heidi Heaton

No comments: